Jam.gg is a social and low tech-friendly cloud gaming platform. It has been designed to be accessible to everyone: available directly from a web browser, it does not require a high-speed internet connection to provide a seamless multiplayer game experience. Jam.gg is all about bringing people together through games, with a touch of childhood playfulness and creativity.
We are led by an experienced team of ex Facebook, Google, Twitter, Amazon, Docker, EA, King and other top tech companies. Jam.gg is a YCombinator company and backed by top VC firms and LEGO Ventures.
We're at the stage where we're scaling our Product department as one of our key units. This is an incredible opportunity to join a booming company in its growth phase. Driven by a strong inclusive culture, we welcome self-starting, fast learning, talented people wishing to start and manage unique, and challenging projects where collaboration (internal and external) is everything.
We are looking for a talented Senior Product Manager to join our growing Product team.
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Full remote. The candidate must be within +/- 2hours of CET time zone.
What you will be doing:
- Providing inspired leadership for the product development
- Helping shape the vision and strategy of the product
- Meeting regularly with all stakeholders, including product developers, designers, marketing, business development, finance and company heads
- Determining feature requirements with technical teams
- Managing product roadmaps and releases
- Keeping cross-functional teams accountable and laser focused on the objectives
- Researching customer experiences and demands
- Gathering and evaluating ideas and opinions from the team
- Identify and fill product gaps
- Generate new product ideas
What we are looking for:
- Proven work experience in product management (5-8 years)
- Experience in the gaming industry or FAANG is a strong plus
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
Unlimited holiday leave (minimum 5 weeks).
Stock option plan.
Monthly well-being allowance (mental well-being, sports, massage, etc.).
Home office allowance.
Fully remote & flexible working hours.
Equal pay policy.
Equal maternity and paternity leave (18 weeks).
Maternity/Paternity subsidy of 3k euros.
Health insurance compensation
Additional benefits depending on the geographical location.
At the heart of Jam.gg’s mission is the creation of a new way to share games with friends and family: a free online place for gamers to play and hangout together, with video cameras, bringing back the golden era of multiplayer couch gaming . In a world of constraining internet connections and paid services, we think differently: we are building a free, “low-tech” friendly platform for everyone to jump in, directly from their browser. Our platform is social by design and packed with fun games curated by our community. We want to create new virtual social spaces that fundamentally diverge from today's typical social networks, focusing a lot less on appearance and a lot more on experience. We are building a social gaming platform for all gamers who enjoy playing together.
Our startup has been growing very quickly since the end of 2020, attracting more than 6 0 talents from developers and social media experts to designers. In June 2021, we introduced our cloud gaming beta platform featuring 80+ licensed games, including titles from industry-renowned publishers such as Codemasters, Interplay, Team 17, and Data East. Discovered and supported by Y Combinator (Twitch, Reddit, Stripe, etc) , our board of advisors include former SEGA CEO Kenji Matsubara, Zynga co-founders Justin Waldron and Tom Bollich, Crunchyroll’s Kun Gao, and Humble Bundle’s Jeffrey Rosen. Our last round was led by LEGO Ventures and top gaming VC firms.
With almost half a million users who have joined us so far, our teams are prepping for our next chapter and are on the lookout for talented and motivated folks who share our passion for gaming and want to make a real impact while embracing a true startup spirit (autonomy, transparency, user centric).
Jam.gg is an equal opportunity employer and we proudly value and promote diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, World of Warcraft faction or disability status.
More info here on our mission, culture and team!