Agot is a leading AI startup that is changing the way the world’s largest restaurant brands serve customers. Our technology is on the cutting-edge of computer vision, deep learning, and AI. We’ve raised $14M in seed funding to solve some of the most difficult and prevalent problems in the food industry. And we have pilots with the most recognized restaurant brands in the world, many who are invested in us.
Our Engineering team is building a scalable, edge-based AI product already deployed in many locations around the world. We’re looking for seasoned Backend Engineers to lead the charge on scalable, beautiful architecture and services. Some of the tools we use right now include Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Rust, and more. We are a distributed team, and open to hiring the right person anywhere in the world.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and maintain backend services in Python (or the right language of your suggestion)
- Build backend apps handling petabytes of video data
- Lead architectural decisions around our overall services-oriented architecture
- Define new services, their boundaries, and cross-service components (such as shared memory stores, message brokers i.e. RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Improve tooling, testing, automation to ensure production-quality backend deployments
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience writing and maintaining backend services
- Experience with AWS and its tools
- Worked in some of the following languages: Python, Golang, C/C++, Rust, Elixir, etc.
- Work cross-functionally and interface with customers or vendors
- Are comfortable with Linux / Unix environments
- Led teams of other engineers before as a manager or team lead
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible remote work
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive medical / dental / vision insurance in the US
- Free office lunches
- Fitness / gym benefit