As a Senior Data Engineer at Gather, you will be the first hire to help us scale our data infrastructure, automation, and tools to meet growing business needs. If you are excited about designing data pipelines, and motivated by having an impact on a platform that creates community and belonging for its users: we want to hear from you.
Where you’ll make an impact:
* Collaborate with product managers, and fellow engineers to build and plan reliable and robust systems
* Develop audits for data quality at scale, specifying, instrumenting, and implementing alerting, anomaly detection, and new logging events.
* Work with our product and business intelligence teams to create scalable dashboards and reports to support business objectives and enable data-driven decision making
* Design, build, and maintain data pipelines that feed our data warehouse.
* Establish best practices to ensure scalable data processing solutions.
What you bring:
5+ years of experience in data engineering, software engineering, or other related roles
Experience writing accurate and effective code in Python; deep familiarity with the Python standard library and commonly used patterns for RDBMS integration and API delivery.
Experience with setting up, maintaining, and debugging production systems and infrastructure
Experience with Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, or other data warehousing solutions
Experience with data transformation tooling, such as Pandas, Spark, dbt, etc.
Experience with Airflow, Oozie, or similar task orchestration/scheduling engines
Experience with data modeling and SQL, including solid knowledge of various data stores and their tradeoffs (RDBMS’s, NoSQL, etc)
Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets to identify gaps and inconsistencies, provide data insights, and advance effective product solutions
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Takes ownership of projects to communicate commitments to other stakeholders.
Experience with Node.js, Typescript
Experience working with marketing automation APIs
Experience w/ 3rd party APIs
Experience with large-scale distributed systems
Experience working with gaming or live operations